A. The following documents must be attached with each Application
- The application form should be submitted in
sets must have original photograph and original signature along with enclosure
- Affix recent photographs (51x51mm with 80% coverage of face)
in the box provided in the application form properly and attach two additional
same size of photographs (specifications attached).It should not be stapled and
should not have any signaturtext
- Signature should be in the centre of the signature box as provided in the form without touching the borders in case of major and thumb
impression (left hand) or signature in case of minor. Parents should not sign on
behalf of minors. (Part-A)
- Copy of current Foreign Passport and copy of Naturalization certificate
also (Staatsbürgerschaftsnachweis). (Please do not send the original Passport
with the application)
- Copy of Swiss Residence Permit in case of all nationals except Swiss.
- Copy of Declaration of Renunciation of Indian Citizenship
(or) copy of Surrender Certificate of Indian passport of self and copy of the
first page, photo page and last page of surrendered/cancelled Indian passport.
- A minor who has acquired the citizenship by birth, enclose
copy of birth certificate and a declaration also, if either of the parents is
eligible for OCI.
The documents enclosed with the application should be self attested by the
applicant, otherwise application will not be accept. For minors the Parent must
self-attest the photocopies.
A person who has attained the age of 18 years, enclose Original of “No Criminal
Record Certificate” issued by the Federal Office of Justice. (Auszug aus dem
10. All OCI Fees to be deposited only into Embassy of India’s bank account (UBS
AG, BERN 235-939899.01P) (IBAN CH 82 00235) and enclose the Original of payment
Payment made at cash desk of the Post office will not be accepted.
The signed hard copy of the online application form along with the requisite
supporting documents should not be stapled.
Proof of relationship
with parent/grandparent, if their Indian
origin is claimed as basis for grant of
Overseas Citizenship of India.
In case of PIO card holders,
Registration Certificate shall be issued
after surrendering their PIO Card.
The Embassy will issue the OCI
Registration Certificate in the form of
a booklet to eligible applicant(s) and
‘U Visa’ will be affixed in the foreign passport.
OCI Miscellaneous Services for
- The application form should be filled in online
The following documents to be enclosed along with the duly signed application
Photocopy of old passport (b) copy of ‘U visa’ sticker (c) copy
of the photo page & last page of OCI Card and (d) copy of new passport.
(Please do not send the original Passports and OCI card with the
Copy of Swiss Residence Permit in case of all nationals except Swiss.
The documents enclosed with the application should be self-attested.
Signature should be in the centre of the box as provided in the form
without touching the borders in case of major and thumb impression
(left hand) or Signature in case of minor
Affix one recent photograph (51x51mm with 80% coverage of face)
in the box provided in the application form properly.
Attach the Original of payment receipt.
Photograph should be as per
the following specifications:-
The photograph should be in colour and the size of
51x51mm (2inch x 2 inch)
- The photo-print should be clear and with
a continuous-tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view, eyes open.
- It should have plain light colour background (Not white).
- Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Center head within frame.
- The expression on the face should look natural.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the
- Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the
facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the
face must be clearly shown.
B. Fees Structure
All OCI Fees to be deposited into Embassy of
India’s bank account (UBS AG, BERN 235-939899.01P) (IBAN CH 82 00235)
- Each applicant for registration as OCI has to pay a fee
of CHF.365.- to the Indian Embassy.
- PIO Card holders can also apply for OCI on the payment of
the fee of CHF.35.-
- Minors who are PIO Card holders can apply for OCI Card on
payment of the fee of CHF. 200.-
Consular surcharge(effective from 07/01/2013) of CHF 2
(in addition to fees mentioned above) is to be paid in Embassy’s UBS AG, Bubenbergplatz
3, Postfach, CH-3000 Bern 94, Account No. 0235-939899.02k (IBAN:CH3900235)
and the original payment receipt attached to the application. Payments made
at the cash desk of Post Office will not be accepted.
C. Benefits for the Persons
registered as OCI on “U” Visa
- Special counters at the immigration check posts for speedy clearance.
- Life long multiple entry visa forto any length of stay.
- No separate visa will be required for (a) tourism (b) student seeking admission in colleges/institutions (c) business & (d) employment, etc.
- Exemption from registration with local FRRO/FRO irrespective of duration of stay in India;and Parity with NRIs in economic, financial and educational fields except in matters relating to acquisition of agricultural/ plantation properties.
D. Visit to Restricted/Protected Area
Thee grant of ‘U’
visa does not entitle the visa holder to
visit a restricted/protected area.
Visits to such areas shall continue to
be governed by the instructions in this
regard issued from time to time by the
Government of India. Prior permission of
the competent authority should be
obtained for visiting a restricted/protected
E. Undertaking of Missionary work/Mountaineering/Research work
The grant of ‘U’ visa does not entitle the visa holder to undertake any missionary work/mountaineering and research work, without the prior permission of the Government of India in accordance with the instructions issued from time to time.
F. Launching of OCI Miscellaneous Services for registered OCIs:
The Government of India has launched OCI Miscellaneous Services with effect from 1st January, 2008. These services are available to those who have already been registered as OCIs. For availing these services, the application which is available on the website
should be filled in on-line. Under this category of services, the following scheme has been incorporated.
- In case of issuance of new passport
(i) Up to the completion of 20 years of age, OCI documents have to be re-issued each time a new passport is issued.
(ii) Between 21-50 years of age, there is no need to seek re-issuance of OCI documents each time a new passport is issued.
(iii) After the completion of 50 years of age, OCI documents have to be re-issued once after issuance of a new passport. However, if the applicant desires he can obtain a new OCI document.
- In case of change of personal particulars, viz. name, nationality, etc. /Filing of wrong personal particulars while submitting online application
In this case OCI holders may seek re-issuance of OCI documents by availing the services. Documentary evidence for the change of personal particulars is to be enclosed. In case of change of photograph without the change of the passport, personal interview shall be taken by the Competent Authority before the grant of the service.
- In case of filling of wrong personal particulars while submitting online application viz. name, father’s name, date of birth, etc.
In case of above OCI holders may seek re-issuance of OCI documents. Documentary evidence for the correct personal particulars should be enclosed.
- In case of loss/damage of OCI registration certificate/visa
In case of loss of OCI documents, a copy of the complaint filed with the Police authorities shall be enclosed. Personal interview of the applicant shall be taken by the Competent Authority before the grant of the service.
In case of mistakes committed by the Indian Mission/Post/Office while entering the personal particulars of manually filled applications (now discontinued)
- In case of mistakes committed by the Indian Mission/Post/Office while entering the personal particulars of manually filled applications (now discontinued)
No fee will be charged for re-issuance of OCI documents.
- In case of change of address/occupation
In case of change of address/occupation, new set of OCI documents will not be issued. The applicant may take a print out of the new address/occupation after on-line submission and keep for record purposes. No fee will be charged from the applicant.
F. Fees Structures for Miscellaneous OCI Services
- In respect of services mentioned at Sl. Nos. I. II & III, the applicant is required to pay a fee of CHF.35.-.
- In respect of services mentioned at Sl. No. IV, a fee of CHF.135.- is to be paid
- No fee will be charged for the service mentioned at Sl. Nos. V & VI.
Consular surcharge(effective from 07/01/2013) of CHF 2 (in addition to
fees mentioned above) is to be paid in Embassy’s UBS AG, Bubenbergplatz
3, Postfach, CH-3000 Bern 94, Account No. 0235-939899.02k
(IBAN:CH3900235) and the original payment receipt attached to the
application. Payments made at the cash desk of Post Office will not be